Chocolate Quinoa Shortbread
100g quinoa flour 45 g quinoa flakes
100g All purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt 225g unsalted butter
140 g light brown sugar 90 g shaved chocolate
- Combine the flours and flakes in your largest skillet over medium heat. Toast the flour stirring constantly, until they get slightly golden and fragrant.
- Cream the butter. Add the sugar and cream some more. Stir in the sifted flour, flakes and salt until it is just incorporated, then stir in the chocolate shavings.
- Gather the dough into a ball wrap, and place in the refrigerator to chill - roughly 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 350F / 180C, placing racks in the center. Grease a 12 inch round flan dish.
- After the dough has chilled, place onto the baking dish and push out to fill the dish - no need to roll.
- Place in the oven for approximately 45 minutes - you may want to check halfway and score lines in the dish to enable easier cutting when cooked.