Start the day the right way: Yummy Breakfast Bars
Too busy for breakfast or need that morning boost? Make sure you never miss the most important meal of the day with these delicious breakfast bars. Made with our lovely quinoa flakes and naked barley flakes they make a perfect on the go breakfast or mid-morning snack! The great thing about this recipe is that there isn't really a rule of what you can put in - trial with different flavourings such as chocolate chips, nuts and seeds, or coconut flakes, dried fruit (apricots, prunes etc.) - Plus it's super easy!
- 400g Apple Sauce (Unsweetened) (I used a tin of apple slices)
- 75g Sugar
- 1 tbsp Golden Syrup
- Mix of Quinoa Flakes, Naked Barley Flakes & Oats
Optional (but recommended) additions:
- Handful of Raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Heat the apple sauce with the sugar and golden syrup in a pan until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Take off the heat and stir in your flakes mixture until the mixture comes together (to make a flapjack consistency)
3. Add in any additional flavourings (i.e raisins and cinnamon in this case)
4. Place in a baking try lined with greaseproof paper and cook in an preheated oven of 180 degrees for approx. 30 minutes.